What is Microblading?
- Microblading is the artistic technique of tattooing individual hair strokes with a handheld tool called a microblade. Unlike traditional tattooing, which uses a machine, microblading artists hand draw each hair to match the color and mimic your natural brow. The result? Gorgeous, natural looking eyebrows.
How long does it last?
- 1 to 2 years for most people.
Does it hurt?
- Most clients report little or no pain! We use a topical anesthetic before the procedure to numb the affected area.
What is the price?
- We are offering an introductory rate of $275.00 through the month of June. Nonpromotional pricing is $400
How long is the appointment?
- It usually takes 2 hours, with most of the time spent going over colors and drawing eyebrow shapes. The microblading portion lasts 30-45 minutes.
How do I make an appointment?
- Call or text Sarah at 831.234.5050, or click our contact page to email us.
How should I prepare for my appointment?
- In the week before your appointment, we recommend avoiding blood thinners, aspirin, alcohol or using retinol creams.
How long does it take to heal?
- You’ll be able to wear your new brows back to brunch! In the first 7 days, you’ll need to avoid getting them wet, working out or wearing brow makeup. It takes about 30 days to completely heal, in which time you may experience mild scabbing. Eyeliner and lip service will be swollen for 2 days after treatment.
What is the aftercare?
- Stay out of the sun and water while your microblading heals. Avoid chlorine, exfoliation creams, and sun exposure; they may cause your color to fade. We recommend applying a small amount of A&D ointment twice a day.
When should I get a touch up? How much is it?
- We offer a complimentary touch up between 4-8 weeks of your appointment. After that, we charge a fee.
Can I get microblading while pregnant?
- No, we do not recommend microblading while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Who is ineligible for microblading?
- Microblading is not recommended for those with oily skin or large pores. If that’s you, you may want a shading or combination shading and microblading technique. We also do not provide microblading for people: under 18 years old, pregnant or nursing, if you have diabetes, glaucoma, skin diseases such as Shingles, psoriasis or eczema on the area of treatment, allergies to makeup, Keloid disorder, HIV/Hepatitis, skin cancer, hemophilia, or if you’re taking skin medications like ro-accutaine and steroids.
Can I get permanent makeup if I have Juvederm injections/fillers?
- We recommend getting permanent makeup first or ask your Juvederm specialist for clearance.
Can microblading hide/cover my scars?
- It’s great for that! But we recommend sending us a photo of your eyebrows without makeup so one of our artists can review and let you know whether you’re a candidate for microblading.
Does microblading work on all skin tones and skin types?
- Yes! Microblading works on all skin tones and colors. Check out our Instagram feed. If you have oily skin, large pores, Keloid disorder, we do not recommend microblading.
What is the difference between microblading vs. micropigmentation?
- Technically microblading is a form of micropigmentation, but we use a microblade to hand draw individual hair strokes. Micropigmentation specialists use a permanent makeup machine, which offers less control and results in blurrier strokes.
Does it look like real hair?
- Yes! Because we hand draw every hair stroke. You will love the way your new brows look!